Saturday, May 14, 2011

And so it was Autumn

Love Autumn!  Love the light, the colour, the aromas that begin to come from kitchens working and wood burning (sorry I know that's not good for the environment but I do love the smell of logs burning slowly).

I always dream for months about what I will shoot next Autumn.  Autumn comes and I'm still dreaming, planning, waiting... The local trees are never quite "right" .... another day, another week, another location...

The story is the same each year and suddenly, rather than waiting for Autumn to come and be at its best, I'm chasing images because Autumn is leaving and I wasn't on the bus again!!

However, when I look back at my collections from previous years it is this late Autumn bloom that I really love the most.  Less leaves on the trees, more blue skies, more light paths thru the branches, more shades of colour.

And so it is this year as it always is.  Panic sets in that I've missed the darn event again so off I head to see what is left.

I've recently spent a week with my elderly mother driving around the  country, enjoying the beautiful Autumn weather and seeing some of the country thru new eyes.  I'll add a post about the whole Thelma and Doris trip a bit later but today, I just want to celebrate Autumn.

A few images here that I grabbed a couple of days ago when a bunch of retired women were up at Norman Lyndsay's Gallery in the Blue Mountains planning a photographic workshop that we are running in September and as we were leaving we saw some wondrous mushrooms that we've not seen in these parts before.  http://www.normanlindsay.com.au/

I headed back in the mid afternoon and as I'm wont, I ignored the mushies and followed my heart to chase down wispy Autumn impressions.  Just a few attached here.

Enjoy!



















(Above) Impressions from one of the fountain pools with bubbles from the water drops and colour from the overhanging Autumn foliage.







This one (above) is my favourite.  I've just printed it and I'm about to frame and hang in the house.  It looks stunning (if I can be so bold?)























No comments:

Post a Comment