Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nostalgia

Today is a good time to revisit some old images thru new eyes.  Earlier in the day I had the privilege of returning to one of my old schools and seeing so many wonderful young people and their parents catching up with old friends and teachers and celebrating all that is special about our schools.

No matter what nonsense is being promoted by governments desperate to get a quick boost in the polls, schools remain such a special place in our society.  Like few other institutions, they are a constant that links us all.   Today, it was such a day.  150 years of continuous education, of families, of kids, of dreams and of successes.  It was a privilege to be there.

Returning home tonight I felt I needed to dig back into some images that I'd taken some time ago and had put away not knowing how to show them at their best.  Having now installed all my Nik Software and needing some practice, I have let my old friend "Nostalgia" out for the night.

Some of these images do look better having been locked away for some time.  Others needed to be culled and headed straight to the Trash.


Enjoy!  I will keep adding to this post over the next couple of days as I dig out some new treasures.




These few images were taken in the area around Cairns in January during the wet season.




Port Douglas (above)





















Mossman Gorge (above and below)





















The cyclone winds were ripping around when I took this image (above) looking out towards the Coral Sea.























No comments:

Post a Comment