Friday, July 8, 2011

Hometown

Mixed feelings this past week or two.  Mum was really ill so spent the best part of two weeks up the coast. Didn't get much of a chance to use my camera but I caught up on some reading - a bit of homework and a bit of inspiration for my next project.  Am loving Linda Gordon's "Dorothea Lange A life Beyond Limits".

What I have been doing these past few years is documenting mum's garden and some of the general bits and pieces that make up an elderly person's yard.  It could be called invention and innovation.  It could be called necessity.  Whatever it is, it's certainly functional and all the odd lengths of cord, recycled containers, reused materials make for some beautiful images.

This last few days I mostly shot some flowers.  I fell in love with the early morning sun shining through and the late afternoon light hanging on.  A little heavy rain added to the mix.

I have a book in here somewhere that is trying to get out.

Enjoy these few impressions from Doris'  garden.













The last of the beans (above)







Passionfruit twirl surviving along the fence.



















The old leaf against the yellow mop head. (above)  I think it is from the macadamia tree.  I must check as I took quite a number of shots of these fabulous leaves.








Morning light (above)












The camellia bush out the front is in full bloom.  Old Squeak from over the road stopped while I was using the tripod to tell me that these were the flowers he and Jean had at their wedding.












The jonquils (above) are also in flower and I am always amused to see the stem imitating a bunch of flowers with wrapping.  This time I took the time to capture them as I see them.







1 comment:

  1. Stunning shtos Shirley.... Your black and whites are just singing so beautifully at the moment...

    ReplyDelete