Sunday, October 2, 2011

OK, so I'm hooked!!!

A further note on my new favourite things.  Talking here (in case you didn't realise from yesterday's post) about my new ipad and the "too much fun" app, Snapseed.  If you haven't got it yet, you have to download it.  So much fun and quite a bit if creative control along the way.  (see note at the end of post)

The only rider I give to this post is that it is very wet in Sydney today, it is the NRL grand final day, I do what I always do on grand final day and that is to ignore it and instead, get out my camera.  I had planned to head to the city to catch Len and Christine's exhibition but terrible weather and a silly teenage girl and her equally silly friends took advantage of the parent being away next door and partied hard all night - and I mean, ALL night.  So, with almost no sleep and bad weather, I stayed at home and took a handful of images only but today I restricted myself to a 70-300 lens.  Why?  Because it was already connected to my small camera and Len is correct in his comment on yesterday's post that sometimes restricting choice produces much better results.   My subject matter is therefore quite limited.

I've sort of figured out the transfer from camera to ipad to imac and then to upload here.  I have done this in a roundabout way as I wanted to be able to bring them back into LR3 and reduce their size.  And also, partly because I want to print a couple and see how they look and although I can print wirelessly from the ipad, I really want to have all the choices available to me in the LR3 and Epson 3880 interface.

My focus today?  More leaves.

And the note I mentioned?  If you do use Snapseed, it's important to play with as many of the options as you want, just "apply" before you leave that area.  All of these images have been cropped, had a Tune Image to get brightness, contrast right.  Some had Vintage Film, Grunge or B&W used, some had texture.  Most had frames.  In each case, at the end of my fiddling, if I wanted to add more light or contrast or ?? I just went back to the relevant folder (I think they are folders) and fiddled a bit more.  The sliders are lovely to use.



Enjoy






This image (above) of the vine on our carport, looking out to the rain is my favourite from today.  I'm hoping that I can print it properly as I think it will make a fabulous card.












This crazy red leaf is on the see thru roof at our entrance door.


















The Black and White option is Ok too.  


















And finally,

I'm not usually a frame person, but think it has added to the images where there has been texture used.

Can't wait to see how this all goes out at Mungo and Menindee next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment