Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Printing is almost finished

With a rush of blood to the head a few weeks back I got a bit carried away and now I am heading for my first ever market stall along with two other very talented women.  When I write it like that it seems like I too am talented??  Must do that again.

We have secured a spot at the Leura First Sunday Markets, starting on Sunday 4th November and if I'm correct, I probably need to have made a few items to sell??  No worries .... it's all underway.  It's as if I am missing the stress of the final term of the school year and feel the need to be busy like everyone else rather than saunter around and tend my vege patch.

What am I selling? What are we selling?  Photo cards and matted prints - all too beautiful to resist (we hope).

We have been thinking of this for some time but never quite made the big leap into the unknown.  It's been a bit of pressure to print and present my work, but as I've been quite addicted to Lightroom 3 for some time, the actual sorting and choosing becomes quite easy.  It's as if you have this marvellous personal assistant working away in the background and when you ask them to find some of the best images you have from your last trip to Paris, back in 2007 they just do it!!  No complaining, no moody sulking, no hands thrown up in despair .... just a few seconds of computer grinding through it's memory bank and bingo, I have my best.  I've told you before how good Adobe Lightroom is but when it comes to tasks like this, it really excels.

I'm organising my wares for sale into mini collections and Dot and Robyn are doing the same.  Mine will be based around the idea of colour and movement in some of the places I love or have visited and enjoyed as well as a handful of other themes.  I can then add or delete depending on need as our sales start to soar?? Well, they will won't they?  Doesn't every novice market stall owner walk away with riches beyond their wildest dreams?

In all seriousness I did want to let people know that I'm organised to print work this year for Xmas gifts.  For me what has been an added joy is the thrill of seeing some older work be transformed by some new Apps.  It's like a real makeover.

I'm going to include a couple of sets here in this blog, however, I'm adding the more complete set on my pbase account.

http://www.pbase.com/ssteel/art_cards_


Robyn's webpage is here:
http://robyncook.photomerchant.net/home


and Dot's images can be found at these links:

http://dotradley.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotradley/

https://www.facebook.com/dot.radley


Just a little taste of what is to come.......


The Colours of Paris

Night wandering around Concord.  No tripod but overwhelmed by the visual feast.  An old image comes to life with new technology.  How many more are there hidden away?









One of the lovely old bridges over the Seine.












Have loved this green VW for years and often wondered what to do with it.  Thankyou Apple!  Thankyou Snapseed!






A more traditional edit.  I am always taken by the street lighting in Paris.  Why wouldn't you be?  I like the simplicity of this image on the cards.






I was out this morning quite early and enjoying the brisk feeling with the local workers on their way to workplaces throughout the city.





Looks like I was into lamps doesn't it?



















and from The Colours of Turkey Series .....

In working on these images from Eastern Turkey, I have had its people in my thoughts.  About this time last year we travelled through the area around Van, staying overnight in Van and visiting a couple of outlying villages as well as the beautiful Lake Van.   Wonderful people.  Friendly, open, welcoming and more often than not, quite poor.  Looking at my images of the small towns we travelled through, I notice again the simple housing that will not have been built to withstand earthquakes.




A little creative edit in Snapseed.  One of the beautiful window features at Sumela Monestry over near the Black Sea.







In Sunilurfa we had time to sit and enjoy the moment in the courtyard of this beautiful setting.



And more to come tomorrow.

Thankyou for reading this far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment