Sunday, March 6, 2011

A productive weekend

Missed Mardi Gras but was able to take in Ross Roorda's exhibition at Lawson on Saturday afternoon instead.  It was fabulous and highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance.  Ben Roberts Gallery (behind the Lawson pub).  He has about 2 dozen portraits, including  self portrait.  I'm in awe of his skills!!  This exhibition focuses on "the gaze" and the next aspect of his work will feature animals.  Can't wait to see it.
The Lawson locals who feature as portraits were chuffed and stood proudly in front of their images.
I will upload 2 images I took on the day and have a link to a picasaweb site where I put everything up for Ross to see.  (NB  The picasaweb site has not been culled except to exclude dud shots.  It's the way I am sharing with Ross.)












https://picasaweb.google.com/shirley.steel/RossExhibition#


No comments:

Post a Comment