Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today's inspiration

Back from a few days away, last night's photography class in my mind, a couple of projects on the backburner demanding attention, Autumn moments just around the corner ..... what do I/should I/can I focus on???

Part of my dilemma in photography is the distraction of photography.  To take my photography to the next level demands time and diligence.  Time to read, look, research, listen, compose, edit ... and sometimes in all of this the discipline needed to actually complete one thing gets lost.  Seriously, where do I put my energy? Do I follow up with some extra P/Shop practice that's desperately needed if I'm to complete the next project or should I be heading out with my camera in the late afternoon (I've missed the morning!)

So, because the days are getting away from me, I have just gone looking for some advice.  John Paul Caponigro has a fabulous site.  I'd often been there for information and inspiration and last year Len Metcalf, confirmed for me the value of this man.

Look what I have just found!  Blog entry March 7, 2011 "Keep Current projects Visible".

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/blog/?p=5245

I'm off now to print a couple of images to display and remind me where I'm going and what I've set out to achieve in a reasonably short timeframe.

Enjoy!

PS  And because it's my blog and I love to see my photos on screen, I must add a couple ....






Mum has an old fenced area up in the corner that used to be a chook pen.  The palings are nicely spaced and have a lovely patina with the odd bit of vine twirling around.  I've been trying for a few years to get a handle on how to photograph it and this last week, I had a go at a creative capture and I like the result! Does anyone else? or is it just about my emotional connection???






The coke and bottled water were on our table in Santorini last October.







When we were in Rome in October, we wandered over to Trastevere and I took many photos of marvellous colour and texture.  At some point I had a thing for house numbers - just loved the old marble.  This one has a bit of an angle, but it still appeals.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Blog. There is always something interesting here and all these lovely captures! Keep at it, I love coming here to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes keep them visible.. Blue tac them to the wall, put themm on the fridge, make a pin board... Make them screen savers... Love your movement shots... :)

    ReplyDelete